Thursday, September 16, 2010

Our StayCation

So these past 10 days were supposed to be Ryan and I's vacation to Portland, Oregon. But last month with Ryan's back getting worse and worse, we decided to not go. Good thing because....read on. My first day of vacation was last Tuesday. This was the first day of Mother's Day Out for Guen, see picture. She cried when I dropped her off, but I figured that would happen. I ran home and planted some flowers in some of my pots, cleaned the house for a visit from my cousin that evening and ran some errands. She was having a ball playing at Mother's Day Out when I went to pick her up and they said she did not cry long, ate well, and suprisingly took a nap too. I was a proud mama. I picked Guen up at 2pm and since it was still pouring, we did not do much but hang out in the house. So anywho my cousin Phillip, from Arkansas, was in town for business. Since this was the first time he has visited H-Town, we gave him the Mears tour. Because his flight was delayed due to all the rain, he had to skip seeing our house, darn, I cleaned for nothing. But instead Tootie picked him up at the airport and Ryan and I went over to my parents house were we had a huge dinner. Our niece, Jessica, babysat Guen that evening for the first time and they had a fun. Ryan and I could actually visit my cousin, instead of chasing after Guen. After dinner, Tootie took him to his hotel downtown and Ryan and I called it a night. Wednesday was a big day for Guen. It was her baby dedication up at our church. I had my wedding gown cut up to make her little dress, see pics. My sister, my parents, Ryan's mom, Ryan's brother and family came and even my friend Sarah. It was a nice ceremony with cake and punch afterward. Guen made mama proud and behaved considering it was way past her bedtime when the ceremony was held that evening. The rest of my vacation day consisted of running errands, visiting my friend Sarah and baby Kate and a trip to the ER. Yes, that is right, a trip to the emergency room on Sunday morning. Ryan's back pain was getting worse at the end of the week and by the time Sunday morning rolled around, he thought he was going to throwup/passout from the pain. We went to one of those ER's in a strip mall and got immediately seen. Nobody was there on a Sunday morning. They gave him ONE Vicodin, a steriod shot and pain shot and a prescription for meds. We already had an appointment that we made back in August to see a neurosurgeon this Thursday Sept 16th. So Ryan just needed something to get him to this date. I think Ryan is going to have to have back surgery. This is our second consult, and that is what the first doc said. After all the pain this weekend, Ryan thinks he cannot put it off anymore and he is ready to have surgery. We have heard this neurosurgeon is good, Dr Blacklock. I remember him vaguely from working at Methodist Hospital. I will have an update after todays appointment which is this late afternoon. Back to work tomorrow for me.

Baby Dedication Night:





First Day of Mother's Day Out, she looks thrilled!


Having fun with babysitter Cousin Jessica:

No comments:

Post a Comment