Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Graeber John Fennell Arrives!!!!

Baby Grae is here! I cannot believe that I had a boy!!! I don't know what to do with boys but I bet I will quickly figure it out. What a shocker and here is the story. Monday night, went to bed at my usual time around 9-10pm (I did not have to work) after an exhausting day of running errands with Guen. I woke up Tuesday morning around 145am to use the restroom. When I got back in bed I noticed I was contracting. I thought they were Braxton hicks but they were coming pretty regularly and so I decided to start timing them. I got up and found a website on the computer that keeps track of your contractions for you while I played around on Pintrest. After an hour, they were about 5 minutes apart and 30-40 seconds long. So I went and woke up Ryan and we timed them together for about 30 minutes. They were getting pretty intense so I went to take a shower to get ready for the hospital while Ryan called my Dad to come over for Guen. After my shower I felt so much better that I laid down again in the bed and asked Ryan to time them again. I did not want to show up at my work and the be sent home cause I was not even close to having a baby-how embarassing! So we laid there timing them for about 15 minutes when my water broke during a contraction around 445am. Yippee, now I officially could go to the hospital. We finished getting dressed and said our goodbyes to my dad and headed to my work. We got there at 6am, got my epidural around 830am and I had Grae at 1112am. My birth with my friends at work was fabulous. I have had the VIP treatment and have been treated like a princess this entire time. Grae was 7lb 7oz and was 20.5 inches long. A lot smaller than Guen who was 8lb 12oz. He looks kinda like Guen when she was born but definitely has my feet and my ears. He, so far, is a great breast feeder and a very mellow kid (unlike Guen) and I hope he stays like that. I have been feeling a lot less stressful about this kid and feel like I can actually enjoy the experience rather than worrying about the small stuff. Guen came to visit for the first time this morning and she was very good with Grae. She was "real soft" as she pets him and calls him "my baby". Will be discharged tomorrow and reality will begin. Wish me luck!!! Anyone with any boy hand-me-downs to pass on to me, will be eagerly accepted. Anyone need any girl clothes? Love, Liz






3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! You are definitely one blessed gal! What a beautiful family!
    Love, Phuong

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic. Congrats to all four of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Liz and Ryan! We are so happy for your family! <3

    ReplyDelete