Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Baby Shower #1 in San Marcos

This past weekend included my first baby shower. So officially, we have baby stuff in our house now. It is weird for me to look at that and know that it is only going to get bigger. The shower was in San Marcos, hosted by my sisters and mom. Fifteen people came and it was a nice time. Lots of great prezzies! When I got home from the shower Sunday afternoon, I was pumped about organizing the baby room. So while I made Ryan put together the crib, I organized all the baby gifts and started washing all my handmade bedding from Sarah in my new Dreft detergent to place in the crib that was now put together. When I pulled the fresh smelling bumper out of the washing machine, it had twisted and seemed like it was ruined. On top of that, my sister and dad sent me the pictures they took from the baby shower that evening (my camera battery died so they took all the pics) and almost all the pictures were fuzzy because it was on the wrong speed. That is when my pregnancy hormone induced meltdown occurred. I cried because of the pictures. I sobbed because of the bumper. I cried because there is so much to do and so little time. I boo-hoo'd because Ryan did not get enough vegetables at the grocery store. All of these tears came rolling and Ryan hugged, kissed and comforted me and said, "It is time for you to go to bed." He was right! I needed sleep. And I went to bed at 8pm that evening and all was better the next day. Here are some of the nonfuzzy shower photos for you to NOT cry over.



2 comments:

  1. Liz, the pregnancy induced hormonal meltdowns are totally normal - I had tons of them! I didn't expect the postpartum hormonal breakdowns, lol. You look great, love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate you for looking fabulous pregnant. I looked like a bloated cow.

    PLEASE tell me you'll be having another baby shower that we can come to!!!

    ReplyDelete