Tuesday, October 27, 2009

First Weekend Alone...

This past weekend marked the first weekend that Ryan and I were by ourselves with Guen. But it turned out to be a great weekend. Weather wise it was perfect. On Saturday, I took Guen to Olan Mills for a free baby portrait package. Well free is actually $6 for a processing fee. She had her first photoshoot and she did ok. When we got there she was a little rowdy and a crankster. So I fed her again (even though I just fed her before we left the house to go to Olan Mills), she vomitted and then was the perfect baby. I think we got a good photo, we will see when the prints come on Nov 9th! That is right, I have to wait that long for the prints to come back. I did get to see them on the computer after the photoshoot but the lady whizzed through them so quickly, I hope I picked the best one. After that trip, I went home and showered, fed Guen again and then Ryan and I were off to downtown Houston. Guen's first trip to the big city. We met Aaron and Sarah at the Discovery Green Park because it was so pretty outside and had an early dinner at The Lakehouse in the park. We walked around afterwards and saw a wedding going on. It was kinda sad because in the park they were practicing the Thriller dance by Michael Jackson that was supposed to occur nationwide all at the same time that evening in tribute to Halloween/Michael Jackson. Meanwhile the wedding was going on with Thriller music and dance instructions over the loud speaker blaring throughout the park. After our child was the perfect baby (asleep) for 4 hours straight, I was about to pop, so we went over to Aaron and Sarah's house where I got to feed the little one and then we headed home. Ryan, Guen and I got home around 830pm and Ryan and I were discussing on the way home how it felt like we were getting home at 2am, we were that tired. We put Guen to sleep and she slept for 5.5 hours straight that evening, she was pooped too. Sunday we got up early for our first church outing with Guen. We sat in the very back and she did great the entire time except she let out a little peep and I panicked and took her outside. Once outside she did not make another word but I was so scared that she would wake up again that I did not take her back inside. We got through almost our entire sunday school class before having to leave 10 minutes early because she had reached her breaking point. She was going almost 4 hours without eating and she was protesting. We got home and had some lunch and Ryan's mom, Lovey, came over to see the kid. We all went for a walk around the neighborhood to get outta the house and enjoy some more of the delicious weather. That night she slept almost 6 hours in a row. She had a big weekend and was catching up on her sleep. Hope you had a great weekend.



1 comment: