Thursday, November 5, 2009

My Little Pumpkin




This past weekend was a fun one. Not only did my child continue to sleep 6-6.5 hours through the night but she had her first Halloween. We had two costumes. One, was a hand-me-down Tigger outfit. The other was a baby shower present. It was a "My First Halloween" onesie with a pumpkin bib. I happened to have brown pants and a green hat that went perfectly with it. (see pics) So on Saturday, Ryan and I went to my Mom's Huntwick Halloween Annual Party. It is down a cul-de-sac where the mother set up tents, a blow up jumpy castle, there are games and a margarita machine. Every mom brings a dish and there was tons of food and booze. So the parents have a few adult beverages and food while the kids in their costumes run around like crazy. Then they all get on a trailer and go for a hayride around the neighborhood to trick or treat. Of course Guen is a little small for all the activities but it was fun to meet many of the families. Ryan and I (or should I say, mainly me) noticed there were a lot of hot dads in our neighborhood there. Ryan said there should be a Hot Huntwick Husband Calendar. And I said "heck yeah, there are like, one, two, three, four, five, and you, Ryan would make six hot dads here". Ryan said "I AM NUMBER 6!!! SHOULDN'T I BE NUMBER ONE ON YOUR COUNTING!" We both started laughing about what I said. I guess you had to be there. Anyway, our Guen was a perfect angel (sleeping) during our entire outing until we strolled back home she started to get fussy. When we got home around 730pm, we did not have the lights on at our house because we did not buy any candy, thinking we would be at the party til later. We still had two trick or treaters come to our door. I was so embarassed that we did not have candy that I made my dad answer the door. When my dad answered the door, he told the little trick or treaters that they looked cute but we did not have any candy because we gave all OUR candy to our next door neighbor (who happened to have a table set up at the end of their driveway giving out candy). We all laughed when he did this because we thought these cute little trick or treaters went to our next door neighbors table and said that we gave them our candy to pass out. Why would parents let their little kids go up to a house where all the lights are out to trick or treat? Sunday we went to church and Sunday school and my parents kept Guen, so that was nice not to be on pins and needles during church waiting for Guen to cry. We had a big lunch when we got home with my parents and Ryan's mom and took it easy the rest of the day.

1 comment: