Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Another weekend has come and gone...



This weekend started with exciting stuff on Friday. I chopped off all my hair. I have been growing it out for about 2 1/2 years and with prenatal vitamins it had gotten to be about 12 inches long. I wanted my hair short because Guen gets her little fingers around it and pulls so hard and I knew it was only get worse as she got older and stronger. Plus I just needed a change. I decided since I was going so short to also donate it to Locks of Love. Since my parents were still in town, they babysat Guen while I went to get my haircut. So now I have my Michelle Williams wannabe haircut (http://betseyj.com/2009/09/vogue-cover-girl-michelle-williams.html ) now I just need to get me a minivan to complete the mom look. After I got back from the salon, they took off to San Marcos. Guen and I ran to Kohl's to get her a Christmas dress for her photo shoot the next day. I got home and got ready for a night out with the girls. When Ryan got off work I took off to downtown Houston were WHAM (Winter Holiday Art Market http://winterholidayartmarket.com/) was being held. It is a big warehouse where local artists get together and sell their art. It was free and me, Barbie and Sarah all met there and walked around. There was some neat stuff, but I did not buy anything. After that I came straight home because we had to be up early to be at Portrait Innovations for Guen's birth announcement photos/Christmas cards/first family professional photo (hence getting my hair done). We got there at 840am and it was already packed with people that were there to do there xmas photos also. Our time landed right about the time Guen was supposed to eat so the photoshoot did not go very well, she was angry and red in most of the photos. We managed to get the job done that we set out to do, though (will be posting those photos soon). The rest of that day was miserably cold and rainy. So we headed over to Ryan's mom's house to watch some tv and get out of our house. My sister Tootie called and we met for lunch at BJ's and had a good time talking to her. We went back over to Ryan's mom's house and vegged out some more and called it a night early on Saturday. Sunday we went to church and sat in the back since Guen was with us incase she gets fussy we can run out. We did not sit in our usual spot with Ryan's mom in the front. Anywho, church service was almost over and we were singing the last song when there was a commotion in the front of the church. The pastor stopped the singing and said let us all pray for this person being carried out of church that they may feel better, as the person was being carried into the foyer. They finished singing the song after the person was carried out. Ryan said maybe it was his mother. We waited for the hundreds of people to move outta the way and see if we could see Ryan's mom leaving the church but we could not find her. Ryan took off to the foyer where they carried the person out and sure enough it was his mother. The people around her said that she passed out. They placed some oxygen on her and called the ambulance. Ryan took me home and then went up to the ER where they took his mom. His brother and sister went to the hospital also and Ryan's sister had to drop her kids off with me all day for me to watch since her husband was at work. So all of Sunday, me and my niece and nephew and Guen hung out. It was a long day. Ryan's mom was admitted for testing but was released yesterday with no true diagnosis. At least she is feeling better and is at home now. That was my weekend. Here is some random pics of Guen to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment