Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Big Weekend




This weekend my parents went home for the 2nd time. Ryan and I were by ourselves with Guen and we stayed busy. It was Ryan's 3 day weekend. I will start with Thursday. After my parents left in the morning Guen and I hung out. Ryan's sister called and asked if I wanted to go the JBF (Just Between Friends) baby consignment presale with her. It was being held at our church. When Ryan got off of work he went to work out and we went to the baby consignment sale. It was HUGE!!! I was looking for a jogging stroller. Even though they had 3 of them there, one was $300 which I was not going to pay, one was great but the brakes did not work, and the other one was very ratty. But if anyone was in need of any baby stuff, this was the place to go. They had everything. So I did not get anything but just looked around. Friday, I went walking around my neighborhood and then we all went to the grocery store. After unloading the groceries, Ryan went to work out and I took a nap. That evening we tried something a little different since we were having guest over. We put Guen to bed at 6pm instead of 9pm. She was exhausted from her big day of the grocery store and went straight to sleep. That evening we had the Homers over (Sarah, Chris, and Aaron) and we all had dinner and yummy homemade brownies a la mode that Sarah had made. We all hung out til midnight and Guen still had not woke up. So before I went to bed at 1230am I went ahead and woke her up to feed her and she went right back to sleep. She slept til 5am, woke up fed her and went back to sleep again til 8am. Ryan and I took her for a walk that morning together and then we all got dressed and ventured down to IKEA so I could get some frames for the pics we have taken of Guen and also to look at office furniture. After shopping went headed home and ate a late lunch at Red Onion. She slept through almost our entire outing. That night Guen slept for 6.5 hours in a row. Sunday we got up and all got ready for church. Guen got to wear her Little House on the Prarie dress that was a brand new hand-me-down. I thought it was going to be too big because it was a 6 month outfit but it almost did not button around her neck. Glad we tried it on. Guen was an angel again during church and slept through most of it. We got home, had lunch and went to visit her Lovey at her house. She has never been to Ryan's mom's house even though she lives 4 miles away. I was just excited to go over there and watch tv. In case you did not know, we don't have tv/cable since March so we can save money because tv is such crap anyways. I got to watch some crappy tv of the Kardashian wedding and HGTV and E! my favorites. We had a good time relaxing over there before heading over to Klein high school and watching our nephew Preston in his club football championship game--they won! We only stayed 3 quarters before it was feeding time for Guen and went home that evening. That night Guen got fed at 9pm and went to sleep. She did not wake up til 5am --8 hours later! My baby rocks. Or either she is going through some growth spurt and needs lots of sleep. Either way, I am a very rested mom and feel like I can conquer the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment