Friday, December 4, 2009

Turkey Weekend

We had a great Thanksgiving that included a 1st road trip to Nana's house in San Marcos for Guen. On Thursday, turkey day, we got up super early and headed out right after her feeding around 830am. We made all the way to San Marcos and that is when she started to get upset and wanted out of the car. We feel very fortunate that she slept the entire way. We had a lovely turkey lunch with all the fixin's and desserts made by my mother (see pics). We all layed around in our triptophan induced comas and slept away the afternoon. Guen was passed around all day that day and I never saw her except to feed her. It was nice for me. Ryan and my sisters and Tootie's boyfriend Chad went to the local bar of Showdown that evening and then headed to the outlet mall for some midnight shopping madness. I stayed home with the kid and slept which I did not mind at all considering that they did not get home til about 430am. Ryan ended up with a really bad sore throat for the rest of the weekend. Friday morning Ryan and I went out to the outlet mall so I could have my turn and then we just layed around, went for a drive around my old town, went for a walk in my old neighborhood and called it a day. Saturday morning we got up early to leave. Ryan was still feeling bad and I just wanted to get him home. We were supposed to go up to Austin to see my friend Randi but we had to bail. We got home and unloaded the car and got ready for the evening. That early evening we were invited to visit some old friends, the Estes, they have not seen Guen yet. We then came home and Ryan's friend Alan, who was in town for Turkey Day came over along with Aaron, Chris and Sarah Homer. They all visited til about midnight but I was so tired from the San Marcos road trip home that day, I went to bed around 10pm. It was good to see all of them. Sunday we had every intent of going to church but Ryan's throat was still hurting and since we had such a big weekend and stayed up late the night before, we did not go. Instead we rested some more and then Ryan's Aunt Janet, who was also in town for Ryan's mom's illness from the previous weekend came over to see Guen. We visited a long time with Aunt Janet, Uncle Bill, and Ryan's cousin Andy when my parents came back into town for the week to look for houses. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

New Hair
Food


Bath at Nana and Pappy's House for Turkey day weekend....

Randy, Allison, Samantha and Guen

No comments:

Post a Comment