Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas Time Is Here



My parents left last Wednesday to go home for awhile. Wednesday, I ran around with Guen doing returns and some xmas shopping. I had lunch with Priscilla that day. When she walked into the restaurant, she was coming from the ob/gyn's office where she found out that she was having a boy! I was the first person to know, even before her mother. I am excited for Priscilla, she has her little Bianca and now baby boy is on the way. That evening Ryan's mom came over and Ryan and his mom took care of Guen while I went to have dinner with Sarah and Barbie at Lupe Tortilla, or really I just visited since I was still so full from lunch.
Thursday, again was a day of running around with Guen doing more returns/shopping for xmas. Again that evening, Ryan's mom came over and had dinner with us. I actually had no lunch/dinner dates this day. As Ryan would say, I am a lady of leisure with all the eating dates. I say, no wonder I cannot lose these last 10lbs of pregnancy weight with all these lunch/dinner dates and with the holidays here! Over Wednesday and Thursday, we finally got the tree up.
Friday, Ryan was off and we headed off to do xmas shopping again.
Saturday, a repeat of Friday but we headed into the big city. Guen wore her Santa outfit which she received many compliments from strangers as we shopped. We also met up with my sister for lunch at Pappy's. After finishing up most of our shopping, I had the great idea of going to the Galleria for a quick stop to return something at JCREW. BAD IDEA. First of all, it was not a quick stop. It took forever to find parking and then just to navigate the mall we had to fight off people just to make it to the next store. Needless to say we were exhausted after this big day and had to bail on our night out to Lights in the Heights with Barbie that evening. Sorry Barb! I know it was fun but I promised myself next year that I am going, I have always wanted to see that festival. Maybe next year Guen will be able to appreciate it more and the weather will be better.
Sunday we went to church and my baby was an angel again. I made some fajitas for lunch, yum! Ryan went to do some last minute shopping again while I stayed home with Guen and wrapped all the presents we have bought. I watched My Sisters Keeper which was awful! Very predictable, very sad. Oh well, it passed the time while wrapping prezzies. Sunday night my dad came back into town since he had a doctor's appointment in the medical center on Monday.
Monday, my dad took off to his appointment early and Sarah came over to visit. We went and had lunch at yummy RJ Goodies. Delicious! That evening I did some more wrapping and called it a night. Hope you had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment