Friday, November 4, 2011

Busy October....

This past October went by so quickly. Besides the big October 3rd birthday of Guen turning 2 years old, there was a lot more fun that I want to share. During October, Guen and I took at road trip to San Marcos. We went to visit Missy, who lives in my parents old house. I have not been to San Marcos since my parents moved here 2 years ago. It was neat to see how much San Marcos has changed. The night we rolled in, Thursday, we ate at Herberts, then the next day, Friday, Guen and I went to New Braunsfels to visit my friend Amy and her son Grahm. It was great to see them. It was such a beautiful day, we went to Landa Park and the kids played. Amy was kind enough to feed us lunch after that too. Guen and I went back to Missy's house where my friend Randi, whom is a teacher and took a half day just for us, had come down from Austin to visit us. We talked a long time (2.5 hours) while Guen napped and then went to Paper Bear for ole times sake. We met Missy at Grin's for dinner and ate out on the patio because it was such a nice night. For a sweet treat afterwards, we went to the San Marcos food trucks located behind the old Mr Gatti's and we all had cupcakes. Then Randi went home. Saturday, Missy was off and we went to have breakfast tacos at this yummy Mexican place in San Marcos, called Ta Molly's. It was so filling and delicious. I miss central texas tex mex food!!! Then we went to the outlet mall to look around. After that Guen and I headed home to Houston. Guen did really well on the trip back and forth. I was proud.
This month, on October 25th exactly, my work peeps through me a baby shower. I thought it was so sweet considering I just had a baby 25 months ago and have everything, except if it is a boy. Anywho, it was actually held at my OB/GYN's house. He is married to a NICU nurse whom I work with. It was kinda funny to have all my NICU friends there and then my doctor there too. He actually hung out with us girls too, so sweet, I love my OB/GYN Dr McGuirk. We had a fun time and I made out with A LOT OF LOOT!!!!
Another exciting event was my parents combined birthday party weekend. Since my Mom's birthday is on the 24th of October and my Dad's birthday is on November 5th, we had a combined birthday party on October 29th. Missy came over to Houston and we all went out for lunch at my mom's favorite Red Lobster. Then we came back to our house where we opened prezzies and had black and white cheesecake made back Missy and apple crisp a la mode, made by me. It was such another pretty day, we spent most of the party on my back porch watching Guen play and enjoying the weather. After the party, Tootie and Chad stayed behind and helped me move Guen into her new big girl room. We officially moved Guen into the other bedroom and left the nursery for the new baby. We finally got all the painting and construction done this month too. So that is exciting. Now it is down to the final details to get the back half of the house finished. I promise to show pics when it is all done, but there is still a lot of little things to do. Guen had no problem adjusting to her new room and seems to like it.
Lastly, Guen and I went to Wyatt's birthday party on the 29th which was another beautiful day. She got to rewear her Halloween costume from last year and it fit perfectly. She had a blast at the party. The Guen and I went to go trick or treat on Halloween and she finally "got" Halloween and what to do. She kept saying "one more house" and came home with lots of candy. See pics from October below. Hope you are doing well. Count down is on here at the Fennell house. 25 more days till F2 arrives!!




No comments:

Post a Comment